Sunday, May 4, 2014

Florence

We stopped in Florence on a recommendation from a friend.  Apparently there is quite a contingency of folks from our hometown who spend the summer months in Florence.  So many that when I was checking in and gave my address, the manager knew my zip code by heart. Impressive!

We arrived to two days of absolutely beautiful weather in the 80s (I know, Oregon in April, I can't believe it either).  After our traumatic sewer issues, we decided just to chill for a couple of days and enjoy the weather.

I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.










Now that we have chilled for a few days we will be moving on.  I will keep on blogging as time, power and internet allows, but the combination of all three is getting harder to find.


Today's 3 Fun Facts:

  1. The Siuslaw River Bridge in Florence was constructed during the Great Depression as part of Roosevelt's New Deal.
  2. After completion of the bridge which connected Florence to the Oregon Coast Highway System and tourism increased by 72% the first year.
  3. Even while on vacation you need a day or so to chill.

No comments: